Acta Marine and Ulstein Verft are pleased to announce that the Ulstein SX195 hull of Acta Marine’s second Walk-to-Work vessel from Ulstein ACTA CENTAURUS has now arrived at Ulstein Verft AS Norway.
During the coming months she will be further outfitted, commissioned and explicitly tested. Ulstein Verft AS together with its hull builder in Poland completed the steelwork and further preparations according to plan. Upon completion of the hull, ACTA CENTAURUS was launched in dry-dock and prepared for her journey to Ulsteinvik, Norway.
After safe arrival, she is now located alongside the quay at Ulstein Verft. Outfitting and completing of the vessel and the installation of the SMST provided mission equipment – motion compensated gangway and 3D crane will commence.
Upon delivery, by beginning of Q2 2019, ACTA CENTAURUS will join ACTA AURIGA and ACTA ORION, and as such form the third vessel in the Acta fleet dedicated for walk to work, offshore logistics and accommodation services for a variety of clients in the offshore renewable and offshore energy industry.
Acta Centaurus offers:
- Safe and stepless people and cargo transfer by motion compensated gangway up to Hs 3.0 metres
- 3D motion compensated knuckle boom crane for 6 ton cargo handling in sea conditions up to Hs 2.5 metres
- Optimized hull form with ULSTEIN X-BOW® and ULSTEIN X-STERN® to offer unmatched workability in adverse weather conditions
- State of the art hotel facilities to accommodate up to 120 persons
- 1,000 m2 deck space for cargo storage